Hot off the press. Our posters are going out this week. They might be a bit more colourful though!
A date for your diaries. Just an hour or so of fun – let’s hope for sun!
We are very grateful to the following prize donors who have made the raffle for our Village Fair on August Bank Holiday so amazing! Please support them as they have supported us.
- Alpamare – ticket for one
- Baldersons – fruit cake
- Boots (Pickering) – Makeup bag with samples
- Cappleman’s – Voucher
- Castle Howard – family day pass
- Country Cuts – £15 voucher for beauty treatment
- Deans Garden Centre, Scarborough – gift voucher
- Ebberston Studios – course voucher
- Forest and Vale – voucher
- Geoff and Sarah Walker – wine
- Glaves butchers, Brompton – gift voucher
- Horsley’s (Pickering) – Breakfast basket
- Lishi Tai Chi at Thornton Village hall – two lessons
- Little Woodland Explorers – free session for a family (and up to 3 children)
- National Trust – tickets for Nunnington Hall
- North Bay Railway – voucher
- North York Moors National Park – books
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway – family travel voucher
- Morrisons – £5 voucher
- Pickering pharmacy – Miss Cole body wash set
- Relish Kitchen and Coffee Scarborough – £20 voucher
- Roger’s Nurseries – Rose
- Ryedale Folk Museum – tickets
- Scampston Hall – voucher
- Scarbrough Flooring (East Ayton) – Jacaranda 100% wool rug, size (180 x 120cms) & 10% off voucher
- Scarborough Spa – tickets
- Snainton Fish and Chips – bottle of prosecco
- Snainton Golf – – play all day golf/footgolf for 4 people worth £24
- Snainton Riding Centre – childs riding lesson
- Stephen Joseph Theatre – tickets
- Taylor’s of Pickering – Fruit basket
- Trailblazers (Pickering) – Handwash
- Wardill’s – Chocolate Coffee Liqueurs
- Wolds Way Lavender – vouchers
- Wold Top Brewery – beer
- Ye Forge Valley Inn – meal voucher
- Yorkshire Arboretum – family admission
Thanks to everyone who helped or came to support our walking quiz, Le Tour de Ebberston today. The weather was kind too. Brilliant decorated bikes, yummy scones and bacon butties out of the kitchen and a great range of stalls, all raising money for the village hall and other village causes.
Even an order of 13 bacon butties didn’t throw us!
Come along for a bit of fun around the village on Bank Holiday Monday!
We are very much looking forward to welcoming local writer and geologist Roger Osborne to our hall for a talk on 10 March. £4 on door and a raffle with proceeds in aid of the Village Hall. Hope to see you there!
We had a super and very interesting talk in Ebberston village hall by members of Scarborough and Ryedale Mountain Rescue team on 19th January about their response to the York floods, how and where the worst of the floods happened and how the team ended up coordinating all the MR teams that came in to the city (from as far away as Exmoor!). The hall was full and we were very happy to have made a donation to the team for all their efforts.
Over the last few years, the team has been deployed to an increasing number of water-based rescues and searches, especially in response to flooding (as at York last year but also Whitby and Scarborough just the previous week when there was a tidal surge).
Just earlier the same say, the team were also handed over a new boat donated by Pickering and District Rotary Club after some fabulous fundraising. The new boat will help the team deploy to deeper water and carry more passengers in similar circumstances.
We’re sure they’d be willing to come to your village hall and talk too for a donation!
Come along this Saturday!
Jo Botham (great grandson of Elizabeth Botham) came to Ebberston village hall this week to give a talk about the history of this very local institution. We had a great turnout as well and raised over £150 for village hall funds.
We were amazed at the number of children this astonishing (and formidable by all accounts) lady had all while setting up and expanding her Whitby business! We also found out that Bothams were the first business in the UK to sell food online!
Thanks to everyone who came along.