The village hall, formerly the village school, opened in 1983 and is available for hire, offering a pleasant, spacious environment for parties, meetings and functions.
The hall has a separate kitchen/meeting area which may be hired separately. Hire of the hall includes the use of tables and chairs, the recently refitted kitchen and equipment (if not booked separately) and the cost of heating and lighting. The kitchen was refitted in 2019 with funding from the National Lottery Community Fund. Toilets include disabled facilities and for nappy changing. We regret that village hall tables and chairs are not available for hire off the premises. The hall also has a car park at the rear of the building, accessed via Back Lane.
All hirers of the Village Hall are requested to read and comply with our guidelines.
- User guidelines (PDF) (please note additional COVID19 hire guidelines below)
- Current rates (PDF) (revised March 2020)
To book the hall, please ring Sue Kirby on 01723 850203
The hall is booked for some regular group meetings/events (e.g. Yoga on Wednesday evenings) and so will not usually be available, but please just ask!
AUGUST 2020: Some additional user guidelines have been drawn up in light of the measures introduced to keep the Hall Covid-19 secure
These guidelines apply to all users of the Village Hall. They are additional to existing user guidelines and form part of the hiring agreement.
- Whilst a Covid-19 risk assessment has been carried out for the Hall users are responsible for carrying out a risk assessment for their particular activity.
- Users must not enter the hall if they or a member of their household has Covid-19 symptoms
- The hirer must keep a record of the contact details of people attending the activity for 21 days in case it is needed by Test and Trace.
- If a user develops symptoms within 7 days of visiting the Hall they must alert Test and Trace and the organiser of the activity attended
- A member of the Village Hall Committee must be informed in the event of any user testing positive for Covid-19.
- Users must clean all tables, chairs, switches, and other surfaces they are likely to use prior to their activity and at the conclusion of the activity.
- Details of cleaning carried out must be entered in the log provided in the entrance corridor.
- Sanitising gel and wipes have been provided
- Any personal protective equipment must be provided by the user.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed by all users
- Rubbish must be removed from the Hall to the outside bin at the conclusion of an event.
Ebberston Village Hall uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, running and marketing events at the hall and its fundraising activities. Data may be retained for up to 7 years for accounts purposes and for longer where required by the hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the Chairman of the Village Hall Committee.